So I want to address something first. I know I come up with many ideas. I know I say “I have a new project” often. I like to learn and try new things. Once I realize that it won’t work, or it fails to solve a problem I have then I basically abandon it. Look back at my VR Google Daydream game. I was all about it and then had to abandon it. The reason was that I didn’t understand how to work in VR and was stuck just looking at the screen most days. I knew that I would never make that game, mostly because I lacked the skills to write it, so I moved on. Now I like to start projects, but rarely finish them because I get bored, uninspired, or even just get stuck. I have a personal goal to release whatever it is I set out to make. So if it is finished or not, this will be released. So on to the new thing!
So of course I looked to see if there was something out there that already did this, and there was! Problem is that it didn’t do them all. It was a bare bones app and didn’t meet my purposes. So I decided to make my own.
Here are the list of goals I have for the app
- See all views at once
- Have one big Main window and others be able to select in a sidebar (kind of like how they have now, but no load time between angles)
- Ability to show 2 or the max amount of cameras at once
- Ability to have them arrange in the web view to show a grid (2×3, 6×1, etc.)
- Universal Controls for all videos
- Unified Chat throughout all videos
- Ability to save videos to the site so that when people come in they can search to see if someone has already set something up
- Work on Mobile (YouTube currently doesn’t support multiple cameras on mobile)
That’s basically the idea. Have a place to watch multiple angles, allows chat throughout all the angles, allows me to switch easily, control all videos with Universal controls, and save video settings so people can just watch from a url you already made.
I will be working on this when it is not feasible to work on my game, or when I just don’t want to work on it. I have no release date for this, and plan to release it when it is “finished” with the above points addressed.
Can this be used for other things than Let’s play videos, sure. For right now though I am just making it for that and hopefully it can catch on 🙂
Fun Fact: Domestic cats are similar in size to the other members of the genus Felis, typically weighing between 8.8 pounds (4.0 kg) and 11 pounds (5.0 kg). However, Meow weighed 39.6 pounds (18.0 kilograms), making him the heaviest cat in the world at the time, but not the heaviest on record. Himmy, a cat from Australia, weighed 21.3 kilograms (46.8 pounds) at his death during his tenth year, in 1986.